Skateboarding has been an all-time favorite hobby for most teenagers. Though it may have been very popular five years ago, it is still no doubt a craze up to this date. One proof of that is the constant evolution of skateboards.
Skateboards have become very rampant since the onset of this so called skateboarding, but that was before the invention of what we know now as penny boards. Penny boards are much like skateboards, only they are smaller and come with various colors and design. Some people opt to own a penny board over a skateboard because of so many reasons. Other users prefer to have a light and cheap penny board, while others want to have a trendy and colorful one. Nevertheless, these are not just what to look for in a penny board.
The following are what to look for in order to choose the best penny board for you:
Now let us look at the best penny boards on the market today.
Considered one of the best penny boards for beginners, Sun Boards skateboard comes fully assembled for any user. It is designed mainly for kids, thus it comes with various colors of wheels and deck. The wheels are large and are made of urethane for a smoother ride. The deck is also made of high quality plastic for added durability.
What is so special about this penny board is its components. Its deck is made up of waffle-grip plastic and its wheels are made up of pure urethane. It also has stainless steel bearings that add to its stability and style. Aside from many color patterns and retro designs to choose from, this penny board is also customizable according to one’s liking.
What users love about this penny board is it is very easy to carry anywhere. Whether you are carrying it to go to school or to walk along the shore, it is surely effortless to handle, thanks to its cutout handle. It is the only available penny board on the market with such design. It also comes very slim and light, which anyone can store inside their bags or lockers. With its unique style and retro design classic paint finish, Karnage Skateboard is definitely one of the best-selling penny boards today.
The Ollie. The Legendary pioneer of every trick in the trick-boarding world. Well. How is it done? I personally didn’t have much of a problem learning how to Ollie when I skated. I picked it up in like an hour. there are 2 really good videos on YouTube just type in “how to Ollie” and “tony hawk how to Ollie” Tony Hawk is goofy so it might help you.both videos are straight forward and are pretty good.
the Ollie is a simple trick with a simple motion. So don’t stress out about it. here would be the way i would teach it.
1) get your board, helmet, and butt outside.
2) start by pushing your board and make sure that you are moving not too fast but not too slow either.
3) put your front foot horizontally just behind the first set of front bolts and your back foot on the tip of the tail.
4) pop the board and slide your front foot up towards the nose. (sliding your front foot up is the most important part of the ollie. it levels the board out and helps you go higher and if you dont slide your foot you can still do ollies but will lead to many problems in the long run like falling very often and you will have the worst time of your life feeling pain, fusturated, and feel angry when learning kick/heel flips everything can be avioded by sliding your foot)
5) stay level with the board and make sure your right on top of the board.
6) if done correctly which is pretty easy, gravity will pull you down and should land right on your bolts.
one thing i feel that i must say is, NEVER LEARN YOUR OLLIE STATIONARY!!!!! #4 is very important! Ollie stationary. What is the best way to land your Kick-Flips is also a common question we get, so stay tuned for our next articles on KickFlips
Never give up! Always practice! Don’t be scared! Those are people that I like. No quitters!
Also Read: Our Review on The Best Penny Boards